Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stand Alones In Between Star Wars Episodes! Good or Bad?

          So Lucas Films have come out and said that they plan on having "stand alones" in between each Star Wars episode inspired by the strategy that Marvel used for the Avengers films. When I say inspired by The Avengers I'm talking about how in The Avengers they had 5 stand alone movies (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk ect) that where each their own story but ultimately led into The Avengers. So what  Lucas Films wants to do is have each episode (Episode 7, 8, and 9) be the overarching story of the entire trilogy and then in the 2 or 3 year cap in between the movies have a couple of stand alone movies set in the Star Wars universe but not be directly a part of the mane story.
          Initially when I first heard of this new I thought to myself "Okay it'll be interesting to see what they do with this, I mean it worked with The Avengers after all." But then I told a friend about and he reacted by saying "That's so stupid this is gonna completely dilute the franchise." and to that I responded by saying "I...don't disagree." I mean at the moment I can't really complain about this but at the same time I can't praise it either. Truth is anything I say in this blog is pure speculation and in my speculative state (that makes sense right?) I'd have to say that this could go one of two ways.
One: We get 2 or 3 cool stories to hold us over until each episode comes out that will expand on the over all lore of Star Wars.
Or
Two: We get the adventures of Jar-Jar Binks that will feel like the really boring and pointless filler episodes of Naruto which only really exist to scam money out of hard working Americans.
          So to anybody who is reading this what is your opinion of Lucas Films making these "stand alones." Please feel free to discuss in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment